Identify Your ESG Priorities With A Materiality Assessment
SCS Consulting helps you engage with your stakeholders and prioritize the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues that are most relevant to the success of your business.
Priorities That Fit Your Organization
SCS Consulting realizes the importance of a materiality assessment and how it is crucial in prioritizing sustainability efforts within your organization. Our experts help curate informed strategy, stakeholder engagement, tailored communication, and ESG tactics that fit your organization’s needs.
How SCS Helps with Your Materiality Assessment
SCS Consulting leads the materiality assessment process, performs the heavy lifting, and leverages its materiality expertise, so you can focus on running your business. Critical steps in the materiality process include:
- Leveraging industry expertise to identify materiality indicators
- Directly engaging with stakeholders
- Designing Materiality Survey and collecting insights
- Gathering data and finalizing the assessment report
Materiality is useful to any organization as it provides a framework for decision-making and a roadmap for sustainability strategy deployment. SCS carries out materiality assessments with its deep sustainability expertise, professional acumen, and tools that streamline the process. Our materiality process enables efficiencies in your work through a well-organized process that identifies areas of focus most relevant to your organization. A typical materiality process includes:
- Understanding business and industry risk areas, operations, and stakeholders
- Identifying a list of materiality indicators
- Custom stakeholder engagement, often with unique approaches for different audiences
- Collecting quantitative and qualitative data
- Development and review of recommendations
- Finalized Materiality Assessment
- Communication recommendations and templates for stakeholders
- Presentation of materiality plan to stakeholders
Choosing SCS as Your Materiality Partner
More nimble than the Big 4 and more experienced than pop-up ESG consultancies, SCS Consulting Services is built on more than three decades of sustainability industry excellence and an unwavering commitment to scientific rigor, credibility, and transparency.
As a pioneer and leader in the assessment and certification of operations across a variety of industry sectors, SCS leads you step-by-step through the materiality process making it hassle-free and results-focused.
Why Is a Materiality Assessment Important?
The insights gained from a Materiality Assessment directly guide sustainability strategy and climate goals. With the information in the report, companies can highlight their areas of risk, guide communication and produce valuable dialog with stakeholders – all leading to a program that resonates for your organization. Across all industries, organizations leverage Materiality Assessments for many reasons:
- Helps organizations focus on what’s most important to stakeholders
- Highlights insights that can drive an organization’s sustainability strategy and enable meaningful reporting
- Helps companies manage risks and opportunities
- Helps a company prioritize where time, resources and money should be focused
- Facilitates engagement around sustainability initiatives
- Facilitates stronger communications of key sustainability metrics to both internal and external audiences